Our 1st visit to Sushi Mentai, Taman Equine was in May. Today, is my 2nd visit (myself only) for late lunch. Just came home, after buying turtle food. I was struggling with the last paid post, and I felt asleep thanks to the hot and humid weather.
What can I say about today’s visit? I ate RM81.20 (inclusive 10% tax) worth of food. I didn’t order a lot of things. So what did I eat?
- Salmon Sashimi 5pcs (RM10.80 x 2)
- The slices of sashimi is thicker than those in Sushi King. So yummy when dip with wasabi and soy sauce.
- Bite size and never served frozen (you might get still frozen ones in Sushi King).
- Unagi Kabayaki (RM18.80 x 1)
- Not sure if it’s a bit too expensive but isn’t it always expensive to eat this? There were 5 slices on the plate.
- The sauce a bit too salty to my liking. I think it’s nice to eat with rice.
- The meat was nice and side with tamago.
- Tempura Moriawase (RM13.80 x 1)
- This I think is too expensive everything except the prawns are bite size. The prawns were smaller than what I had in Sushi King and elsewhere.
- As for the sauce, there’s an extra kick of ginger (I suspect so) inside. Normally you put it on the serving basket, but I think they mixed with the sauce. Again, too salty.
- Sushi (RM1.80 x 1)
- Pink plates
- Sushi (RM2.80 x 5)
- Red plates
- Cold Green Tea (RM1.00 x 1)
- Served in jugs.
You must be wondering why no pictures? Sometimes I’m just too lazy to snap pictures. And…. just to share with you.
- A waiter can’t differentiate between wasabi and ginger.
- A waitress doesn’t understand what’s edamame (the customer had said soy beans to her).
- The waiters and waitresses will stand behind you, if there’s a wall behind you.
- A table for 2 is too small for 2 because I had the table for myself.
- They don’t have set meals, no bento either.
- They will take away the menu after you order, so you will need to ask for the menu again.
- They have credit card machine but according to the cashier, the network signal no good.
- All sushi are bite size.
Nothing else more. Unless I go the 3rd time.