BAD NEWS!!! This is a REAL BAD NEWS to me!!!
Officially active from 24 April 2012..
If you read the Terms & Conditions behind the Application Form, is clearly stated that Foreigners have to pay Deposit but it was never collected since the 1st day I sell Unifi.
- The deposit amount of RM1000 applicable for Foreigner (non citizen or a permanent resident of Malaysia) only.
- RM1000 per UniFi package must be paid (cash or credit card) upfront during registration.
- Registration and processing must be done at TMpoint only.
- The deposit interest of 2.5% accrual per annum applicable if the subscribed service tenure exceed to 12 months and above.
- The collection of deposit must be key in via NPCS.
- The deposit paid is not transferable.
- For early termination within contract period, the deposit amount will knock off all outstanding amount before it can be refunded to customer.
- Other business rules are similar to Commercial residential packages and subject to UniFi service standard Terms & Conditions.
Deposit Refund Process to Customers based on…..
- Deposit will be refunded to customer via Check (postal).
- Refund shall only be given once Billing Account status is CLOSED / Final Account (FA).
- For Customer with more than one UniFi subscription, if one of the UniFi is Terminated, refund shall not be given unless use different BA for each UniFi package.
You can pay the Deposit by Cash or Credit Card.
|Q1||I’m a foreigner customer, can I subscribe UniFi via UniFi portal?|
|Answer||No you can’t. The registration via UniFi portal will be blocked for foreigner customer. You need to go nearest TMpoint in order to subscribe for UniFi package.|
That’s why I say, this is bad news for me… No? I can only do Malaysian applications. As though I’ve lots of foreigners applying from me…
|Q2||If I want to subscribe 3 UniFi package, do I need to pay total of RM3000 upfront deposit?|
|Answer||Yes. The upfront deposit must be paid per UniFi package.|
Wah!!! Every package a foreigner applies have to pay separate deposit! If you are not rich or no money, better don’t apply.
|Q3||What happened to my deposit if I want to change ownership of my UniFi account to my other foreigner friend? Is it transferable?|
|Answer||The deposit paid is not transferable. You will need to pay another RM1000 deposit for the new ownership account. Your deposit in the old account will be refunded back. However, if you have any outstanding amount , the deposit amount will knock off your outstanding amount before it can be refunded to you.|
Deposit is not transferable? Why cannot?